Our complaints process is for when:
- We have said we would do something and it has not happened
- The quality of our service was not as expected; for example when we took too long, lacked consistency or were unclear
- A member of our staff or someone working on our behalf acted in an inappropriate or discourteous way.
Please do not use this process if you want to give us general feedback, to compliment our services or staff or if the issue you want to complain about is the subject of legal proceedings.
The person who dealt with your enquiry, application or project can usually resolve your complaint. You should contact them first. They will:
- Agree all the issues and facts with you
- Collect relevant information
- Assess the validity of your complaint
- Let you know the outcome and, if relevant, any action taken.
If this person cannot resolve your complaint or if you are not happy with their response, please contact our National Enquiry Gateway (NEG) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will acknowledge your complaint within three working days. We will contact you about your complaint within 10 working days. If we can't respond within these time-frames, we will tel you why. We will also tell you when we will be able to reply.
The NEG will be responsibile for signposting your complaint to the relevant manager who will deal with your complaint.
If you are still unhappy with the outcome, you can refer your complaint to the Business Growth Team within Innovate UK via our complaints officer at email@example.com.
Our complaints officer will be responsible for dealing with your complaint. They will work with a relevant senior member of staff to resolve it.
If you are still not happy with the outcome, you can email the Innovate UK Complaints Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will investigate the matter further.